March 2, 2010

Pioneer Woman's Salsa

I heard great things about this recipe, so I had to try it out for myself.  I made a few changes from Pioneer Woman's original recipe - I used one can of Rotel with cilantro and lime juice added instead of using a lime, and I left out the jalapenos and cumin.   It couldn't be easier to make; you just throw everything in the food processor and mix it all up for a minute or two. I was very impressed with how easy and delicious it was, and it makes a ton so it's perfect when you need to make something quickly for a crowd.

1 28 oz. can whole tomatoes with juice
1 can original Rotel
1 can Rotel with lime juice and cilantro
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup cilantro

Combine all ingredients in food processor and pulse until it's the consistency you like.  Taste and add seasoning as needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment