March 15, 2010

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars

Ever since I was pregnant with my daughter, I've eaten a peanut butter chocolate chip granola bar for my morning snack at work.  I like the idea of being able to make my own without all of the preservatives in them, and these taste even better than the Quaker ones. No offense, Quaker.  


Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars - adapted from recipezaar.com

2 cups rice krispies cereal
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup reduced-fat crunchy peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, refrigerated

Lightly grease 13" x 9" pan.  In a large bowl, combine rice krispies and oats.

In a saucepan, mix the brown sugar and corn syrup together.  Bring just to a boil. Remove immediately from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla until well combine.  

Pour over dry ingredients. Mix quickly and thoroughly to combine.  Mix in chocolate chips quickly.  Spread mixture into greased pan, pressing lightly with wet hands to even it out.  Slice.  Allow to cool completely, then store in airtight container.


No comments:

Post a Comment