February 20, 2010

Chicken Cordon Bleu

My mom makes a similar chicken cordon bleu, but this is the version I came up with. I combined a few recipes that I usually make - garlic cheddar chicken and bacon-wrapped chicken with cream cheese.  It takes the best aspects of each recipe and combines them into one.  I thought it was going to be really time-consuming, but it only took about 20 minutes to prepare during my daughter's nap time, and I stuck it in the refrigerator until I was ready to bake it.


Chicken Cordon Bleu

8 boneless skinless chicken tenders, pounded
1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 egg
4 oz. cream cheese, sliced into 8 pieces
8 slices deli ham
3 tbsp margarine
1 tsp minced garlic

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place breadcrumbs, chili powder, paprika, and garlic powder in a bowl. Mix well.  In another bowl, beat egg. 

Place one slice of ham and one piece of cream cheese on each chicken tender. Roll and secure with toothpick.  Dip each chicken roll into egg, then coat with breadcrumbs.  Place chicken in a greased 9 x 12 baking dish. 

Melt margarine. Add minced garlic; pour over each chicken roll.  Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until juices run clear and chicken is cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment