August 17, 2009

First recipe- Banana Yogurt Muffins

I've been searching for a blog with easy recipes for a picky family like mine, and since I couldn't find one that really fit that description, I decided to start one of my own. Enjoy!

I found this recipe at recipezaar.com, but I modified it just a bit by adding some pureed carrots to it for my 19 month old daughter, who is not a big veggie eater. I sneak them in any way I can!














 
Banana Yogurt Muffins
Makes 12 muffins

Dry Ingredients
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups whole wheat
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbs baking powder

1/4 tsp ground cinnamon

Wet Ingredients
1 cup plain yogurt
1 egg
2 tbs skim milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 ripe bananas(chopped)
1/4 cup pureed carrots

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon, and mix. In another bowl, combine yogurt, egg, milk, and oil.

Add contents of wet mixture to dry ingredients and mix. Do not over mix.

Stir in bananas. Place batter in muffin tins. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Serve with butter and cinnamon sprinkled on a sliced muffin.

No comments:

Post a Comment