February 28, 2010

Homemade Finger Paint

We've been doing Easter crafts around here, so I let my daughter use this to paint some Easter eggs that we will punch holes in and string into garland.  It was super easy to make and a lot of fun for her..and me!





Homemade Finger Paint - Our Best Bites

3 tbs sugar
1/2 cup cornstarch
2 cups cold water
food coloring

*Note: I made half of the recipe, and it was more than enough for one child.

Mix sugar and cornstarch together in a pan. Add cold water and combine with a whisk. Cook on medium heat until the mixture thickens to a thin pudding consistency. I recommend stopping the cooking process a little before it's the consistency you'd like because it thickens upon standing. Once removed from heat, cool and then separate into bowls and color as desired.


No comments:

Post a Comment